Business Owner & Geek Girl. Likes Technology, Virtual Reality, Video Games & Social Media. Previously Famous on the Internet I'm press at a few places. I own this site, World Of Geek Stuff -https://www.worldofgeekstuff.com and Girlfriend Social - https://www.girlfriendsocial.com
30% More than mathematically possible… Of course, that's an obvious observation 🙂
Its ok to excel at being average
but of those 80%, how many actually are?
Statistically speaking, 80% of people CAN be above average. It just depends on the other 20% being FAR below average.
We are all above average at something… So do not feel too bad if you feel below average. Personally, I like to think I am in the top 2% so I can still join the protest as part of the 99%. 😉
Like +Edward Ferguson said… There are quite a few categories… maybe they're thinking of the one they're best in 🙂
My ninja graf skills are unparalleled.
As it happens, 68% of people are "normal" (within one standard deviation from the mean). Which is probably a good thing, all in all. 🙂
Why is that? If I had 10 students who scored 6 and one that scored 0, I could say 90% were above average. Use larger numbers and the rounding will come out to All!
Ahhhh I love when i make math jokes here on plus… Be proud math geeks… be proud… ?
Mean, median or mode mon cheri?
If we were all the same no-one would be above average and things would be pretty boring like this comment.
Silly maths stuff showing how our ideas of above and below average are not always what we expect.
Set of 10 with values 1, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 3, 3, 3, 100
Average is 12, median is 2
10% are above average
40% are above the median
Another set of 10 with values 99, 100, 100, 100, 100, 100, 100, 100, 100, 100
90% are above average
none are above the median
What about kids?? 99% think there kids are " Above Average" when obviously only MINE are!
83% of all statistics are made up on the spot…(I'm just sayin) 🙂
132% of people exaggerate statistics 🙂
37% of people are white trash.
"Above Average" is a relative term and therefore subject to interpretation. Hence the anomalies in calculation and discrepancies with regard to the logic indicating as such. “The power of a man's virtue should not be measured by his special efforts, but by his ordinary doing” – Blaise Pascal
The bottom 37% of the top 83% can be mislead 64% of the time by statistics made up on the spot with 1% accuracy and a 99% uncertanity, which only goes to show that you can onlyy trust the numbers 12% of the time.
+Stacy S Perfect !
+Stacy S, you just made my brain hurt…does that mean I'm in the bottom 57%?
I'll take one for the team – I don't mind being not 'above average'…. I'll just watch all the ego's explode of those who need the superiority complex.
Almost 50% of people have an above average IQ, almost 50% of people have an above average look, almost 50% of people have above average people skills, almost 50% of people have above average driving skills, almost 50% of people have …. etc etc. So basically I would say over 99% of us are above average 😉
70% of all statistics are made up.
Isn't it because of weighted average?
I just realized that I come under the rest of the twenty percent of all people..I must get drunk 😉
As I look around my immediate surroundings, it becomes painfully obvious that 80% are obese.
Probably part of the en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning%E2%80%93Kruger_effect
damn +Sergio Sancho , you just made my day… I'm always worrying that I'm not as good as other people in my field. As of now, I'm going to start assuming that most people are shit 😀
+Peter Walker glad to help 🙂
So the question is, how many of the 20% ARE above average?
+Sergio Sancho walk round ur neighborhood n start conversing with ppl. pretend to be very stupid n jump from one subject to the other (talk randomly bout different things). soon enough u will have the answer to ur question at a local scale.
u can apply that to the whole state. n then copy n paste ur results to the remaining states.
which leaves u with a very small #. see?
tell that to my mom.
i dont care enought to do that. xD Lol.