Amanda Blain’s Contest Rules for Any Contest on This Blog
These Contest rules are valid from January 1, 2014 and may be changed at any time without notice. These contest rules are valid for Amanda Blain’s Blog. Prior posts do not necessarily adhere to these contest rules. Small changes and additions may be made to these giveaway rules without being noted in any special way.
- Contest rules on an individual post supersede those stated on this page.
- If a giveaway post specifies you can enter daily it means once per calendar day, not 24-hour period. For example, you can enter at 11:59 pm on Saturday, 12:01 am Sunday, and then not again until Monday.
- No purchase is ever necessary.
- Void where prohibited or restricted by law.
- All sweepstakes are governed by the laws of Ontario, Canada. As a condition of participating in this Sweepstakes, participant agrees that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Ontario having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes), and participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
- Odds of winning depend on the eligible number of entries received.
- Please don’t enter multiple times using different names, email addresses, or locations (e.g., more than one computer). You could be banned from all future giveaways if you cheat (and its breaking these rules!)
- All entries are moderated prior to drawings. Disqualified and duplicate entries are removed.
- Needlessly vulgar, disparaging, or offensive entries will be removed. The commenter won’t be entered in the giveaway at my discretion. Err on the side of caution if in doubt.
- Comments made about a product may be quoted by me or anyone I give permission to, including but not limited to companies providing prizes for use in their advertisements.
- Comments that don’t follow the rules (answering a question, etc.) may be disapproved or removed. Subsequent comments may also be removed until a qualifying first comment is made.
- It’s your responsibility to make sure comments appear before winner selection. I make every effort to check for spam, but can’t be responsible for comments that aren’t posted in time.
- Prize winner(s) are chosen at random using Giveaway Tools, notified by their registered e-mail, and announced on the page. Please make sure a valid email address is available so I can contact you if you win.
- Prize winner(s) have exactly three days from time of contact to respond with delivery instructions, unless noted in the specific giveaway. Otherwise the prize is forfeit and a new winner(s) will be selected.
- Amanda Blain is not responsible for sponsor prize shipment or sponsored giveaways. Sometimes the prize will be different or comparable at the discretion of the contest sponsor. Liability for any applicable taxes is the sole responsibility of the winner. Actual/appraised value may differ at time of prize award. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by the Sponsor. No cash or other prize substitution permitted except at Sponsor’s discretion. The prize is non transferable.
- Amanda Blain reserves the right, in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes should (in its sole discretion) a virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, fraud or other causes beyond its control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes.
- Your personal information will never be shared with anyone unrelated to the administration of giveaways.
- I’m not responsible for anything that goes wrong after you receive your prize, although I’m happy to take credit for things that go right.
- As a winner, you agree to allow the use of your name and likeness in any communication originated by Amanda Blain without further consideration or compensation, unless prohibited by law.
Please feel free to contact us if you have any additional questions about these contest rules.