Want to Win a Niagara Falls Getaway accommodation and entertainment package? Scroll to the bottom!
Niagara falls is one of the most breath taking places on earth I’ve been. The falls and their insanely powerful nature really make you stop and think about things. Niagara falls has the highest flow rate of any waterfall in the world, with a vertical drop of more than 165 feet. Wedged between Toronto, Ontario, Canada and Buffalo, New York, USA… If you’ve never been to see Niagara Falls before you really need to make the trip, and perhaps I can help. Check out my review of my stay in there area and enter to win a Niagara Falls Getaway..
Howard Johnson By The Falls Hotel
The Howard Johnson By the Falls is located at 5905 Victoria Ave, right in the heart of tourist area Niagara Falls. It is roughly a 4 minute walk to the main “Clifton Hills” Tourist strip. There are tons of tourist attractions located all around the hotel and along the very pleasant walk. More shopping, restaurants and attractions than you could ever find the time for. A 24 hour Dennys shares the same parking lot as the hotel and offers a great selection of food morning or night for you to enjoy. The front desk was very helpful and check in was quick and painless.The hotel offers lots of different package options that give you a room, dinning and attractions at a package price. There are romance, casino, family packages. You name it!
We had a romance package option which includes:
- Deluxe Hotel Accommodations including Suites with king-sized bed and Heart Shaped Whirlpool
- $25 Denny’s Meal Vouchers for both your 1st and/or 2nd night stay.
- One Meal Voucher for use at The Keg Steakhouse & Bar
- A beautifully arranged Gift Basket containing one 750ml bottle of chilled VQA Niagara wine, two keepsake wine glasses with souvenir corkscrew and ice bucket, coffee candies, chocolate wafer rolls, mints and hikers mix
- Two adult admission passes to Niagara’s Skywheel located next to the hotel.
- Two Adult passes for two day transportation aboard the brand new WEGO Visitor Transportation
- A 2 pm late check-out time
As we had this “Romance Niagara Galls Getaway Package” for our stay, the front desk woman also explained how the transit worked as well as supplied the various tickets for attractions. After filling out a short form for parking, We had our keys and were on the way to our room in less than 5 minutes. There are several elevators in the hotel and depending on where your room is you have flexibility to not be waiting for long. Some elevators seemed to be used more for the hotel staff than others, but staff was always friendly and let any guest go first, often saying they would “take the next one” if you happen to see staff.
The room itself was very large and spacious with a comfy king size bed. Ours included a whirlpool tub, not heart shaped but this double tub actually looked like it would be more comfortable than the heart shaped one. Also was a fireplace along the wall, a microwave, fridge, a shoe buffer(of all things) and even a mirror above the bed. 🙂 The hotel staff had gone above and beyond expectations by leaving some romantic towel swans and heart shaped rose petals on the bed. There were also birthday balloons located around the room. The hotel staff even went so far as to put My boyfriends birthday on their LED sign out front. It was really awesome surprise for my boyfriend who wasn’t expecting anything. Amazing customer service.
As part of the romance package, a wine gift basket was also waiting for us. Chilled wine, two glasses and even a cork screw help to make the room that much more awesome. There were some tasty chocolate and popcorn made in the area included. A nice little touch to make your stay more comfortable and romantic. The Room included free WiFi and there were several hot spots, meaning you could choose another one if the first wasn’t giving you a good enough signal. I so wish hotels got this and its great to see the Howard Johnson including this fast free WiFi that was fast and stayed connected. Very important for someone techy like me. The hotel is a bit older, but the rooms had modern TVs and everything was clean and fresh. After being out and exploring the many sites of Niagara Falls it was nice to come back to the room and enjoy the comfortable homey feel of it.
(5 / 5)
Nightmares Fear Factory
The first attraction we went to was Nightmares Fear Factory at 5631 Victoria Avenue. These guys rock social media! They have been very responsive on Google plus and Twitter. They are worth a follow because they share absolutely hilarious photos taken of people totally horrified in the maze. You walk into nightmares and once your ticket is scanned you proceed to wait in a short line with other haunted house goers. In the background you can hear people screaming, noises, and bangs. The rules flash on the wall for you to read. I have to admit while waiting in line I got quite nervous! The people screaming randomly in the background really gets you on edge as you have no idea what to expect! Eventually the green stop light will tell you to go, and you walk up a creepy set of stairs and open a door. Once the door is open, everything goes dark… and you only have a small red dot to follow for the next 15-20 minute walk or so. I don’t want to ruin the experience for you, but it is safe to say that most peoples common fears will be experienced when you are inside. I screamed many times. My 6’2 boyfriend screamed many times. We both loved it. If you can only do “one thing” in your Niagara Falls Getaway, I would recommend this.
(5 / 5)
(5 / 5)
Ripley’s Believe It Or Not Museum
Ripley’s Believe It or Not:
(4 / 5)
Niagara Sky Wheel
Niagara Sky Wheel:
(3 / 5)
Louis Tussauds Wax Museum
Louis Tussauds Wax Museum:
(4 / 5)
A Niagara Falls Getaway is a really romantic tourist destination. It has been the honeymoon capital of the world since the early 1900’s. There is lots of fun touristy things to do, places to eat and attractions to have fun at. I fully recommend checking out the places that I’ve mentioned here if you happen to visit the area.
Want to enjoy the same experience I did? Enter Below to win a Niagara Falls Getaway… YOU will have to provide your own transportation there but we got the most of the rest.
Enter to win A Niagara Falls Getaway from Howard Johnson Hotel by the Falls, Weinkeller and Nightmares Fear Factory –
Romance Package: Howard Johnson Hotel by the Falls – http://www.hojobythefalls.com/
• Two-‐Nights Deluxe Hotel Accommodations. (n/a July & August Weekends & Major Holidays) – King-‐sized bed and Heart Shaped Whirlpool. ($569.90 value)
• $25 Denny’s Meal Vouchers for both your 1st and/or 2nd night stay. Enjoy fresh cooked-‐to-‐order breakfasts, lunches or dinners at Denny’s Restaurant located directly on-‐site and open 24 hours. ($50 value)
• One Meal Voucher for use at one of the following restaurants located directly on-‐site or across the street from the hotel. – The Keg, TGI Fridays or Dennys
• A beautifully arranged Gift Basket containing one 750ml bottle of chilled VQA Niagara wine, two keepsake wine glasses with souvenir corkscrew and ice bucket, coffee candies, chocolate wafer rolls, mints and hikers mix.Some items may be substituted due to availability
• Two tickets to Niagara’s Skywheel located next to the hotel. ($22 value)
• Two Adult passes for two-‐day transportation aboard the brand new WEGO Visitor Transportation System linking the entire tourism industry.($20 value)
• Enjoy a 2 pm late check-‐out time ($40 value). Parking is also included. ($9 value)
A 5 Course Dinner at Weinkeller http://www.weinkeller.ca/
• Located a very short and nice walk, along Victoria Av, from the Howard Johnson Hotel by the Falls, Weinkeller is the perfect date night dining experience in Niagara Falls.
• Be sure to try their selection of reds and whites, made in house, and served at the perfect temperature from taps!
• You and your guest will be treated to their 5-‐course a-‐la-‐carte option. You’ll be able to choose 5 courses from the entire menu. Good news is you can also substitute a course for another glass of wine! – Your server will explain it all to you!
Niagara Falls Attractions From Nightmares Fear Factory – http://www.nightmaresfearfactory.com/
2-‐tickets to each of these FOUR thrilling Niagara Falls Attractions:
• Nightmares Fear Factory
• Ripley’s Believe It or Not!
• Ripley’s 4D Moving Theatre
• Louis Tussaud’s WaxWorks
TOTAL PACKAGE VALUE: $1000.00
WOW!! Thanks to our amazing sponsors if you are able to get to Niagara Falls Ontario, Enter now to win this amazing romantic weekend away for 2!
Please read full contest details in terms and conditions. You must follow blackout dates as well as provide your own transportation to Niagara Falls.
Disclosure: The companies mentioned provided me with accommodations and food. I was not compensated for my time. My opinions posted here, as always, are my own.